ASSISTANCE PACKAGE EOR
FAMILIES OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.
I am directed to refer to the subjeet cited above and to enclose a copy of revised Assistance package for families of Govemment employees who die in service for imglementation fuarther necessary action, please.
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN Ministry of Interior (CAF WING)
Islamabad, the, 4* September, 2020
S.RO. No. 2020. In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 21 of the North- West Frontier Constabulary Act, 1915 (XIIl of 1915), section 26 of the Frontier Corps Ordinance, 1959(XXVI of 1959), sub-section (1) of section 21 of the Rangers Ordinance, 1959 (W.P. Ordinance No. XIV of 959), sub-section (1) of Section 18 of the Pakistan Coast Guards Act, 1973 (XVIII of 1973), subsection (1) of section 9 of the Federal InvestiationAgency Act, 1974 (1 of 1975), read with
Establishiment Division’s O.M No.7/402005-E2 dated 13 June, 2006 and O.M. No.8/22011-E-2 dated IS March 2012 and OM. No.8/102013-E-2(p) dated 4 December, 2015, the Federal Govermment is pleased to make the following rules namely:
1. Shor Tile, application and commencement- (1) These rules may be called the Payment of Compensation Rules, 2020.
They shall apply to the personnel of the civil armed forces governed by the Frontier Corps Ordinanoe, 1959XXVI of 1959), Rangers Ordinance 1959(WP. Ordinance No. XIV of 1959), Pakistan Coast Guards Act, 1973 (XVIII of 1973) and North-West Frontier Constabulary Act, 1915 (XI of 1915), including Gilgit Baltistan Scouts, raised vide raising order No.23/2002-CAF F.Con dated the 31″ October, 2003, and personnel of the law enforcement agencies govemed by the Federal Investigation Agency Act,
1974 (of 1975)
(3) They shall come into force at once.
Definitin(1) In the rues, unless there is anything repugnant in the subjeet or
“ward” means an award of compensation granted under these rules
“committee” means a commnittee constituted under rule 6;
“Federally regulated LEAs” mean civil armed forces, Federal Investigation Agency and other uniformed civil armed forces of the Federal Govemment mily means and includes;
living spouse; and
the parents, legitimate children, unmarried and below 21 years of
age brothers or sistens, residing with and wholly dependent
upos a member of the federally regulated LEAs, as the case may be “member of the federally regulated LEAs” means any person, irrespective of his rank or status, serving in the Federally regulated LEAs
“relevant legislation mean North-West Frontier Constabulary Act, 1915
(XI of 1915), Frontier Corps Ordinance, 1959(XXVI of 1959), Rangen
Ordinance, 1959(W.P. Ordinance No. XIV of 1959), Pakistan Coast Ouarda A, 1973 (XxVIl of 1973) and Federaly Investigation Agency Act, 1974 ( of1975).”serious injury” means any injury entailing prolonged treatment or likely to have adverse effeet on body organs or their functioning.
“Shaheed” mean all deaths in operation arca, field arca, during Intermal security or counter intelligence duty, all targeted and security related deaths, deaths during duty for relief work in disasters like carthquake, food, lightening. UN assignments and individuals in transit to perform duties in operation area, heart attack in operation area, High altitude related diseases, death due snowfland sliding, air strike, air / heli crash, friendiy fire in operations and accidental death while on duty, except suicide, and “Schedule” mean the schedule to these rules.
Words and expression used but not defined in these rules shall have the same meaning as assiged to them in the relevant legislation
(3) The assistance package, for the families of Government employces who dic while in service, admissible under the Establishment’s O.M. No.7/40/2005-E-2 dated 13th June, 2006, O.M. No. 82/2011-E-2, dated 15th March, 2012, O.M.
No.8/10/2013-E-2 dated 20th October, 2014 and O.M. No.8/10/2013-E-2 (pt) dated 4th December, 2015 and amendments from time to time shall not be applicable to the member of the Federally regulated LEAs or, as the case may be, their families covered under these rules.
3. Award of Compensation.-1) If a member of the Federally regulated LEAs is shaheed, permanently disabled, injured with serious injury or minor injury, as the case may be, while on bona fide Government duty, an award under these rules may be granted to him or his family, as the case may be.
(2) Ifa member of the Federally regulated LEAs dies while in se specified in sub-rule (1), an awarded under these rules may be granted to num.
4. Preparation of cases for award.- (1) The concemed Federally regulated LEAS shall prepare a statement of facts specifying therein the circumstance under which the member of the Federally regulated LEAs lost his life in the discharge of Government duty, was permanently disabled or injured with serious injury or minor injury, as the case may be.
(2) In case of death, permanently disability, serious or minor injury of a member of the Federally regulated LEAs, while on bona fide Govenment duty, a certificate from the authorized medical officer in this respect shall be prepared and enclosed with the statement of facts prepared under sub-rule (1), alongwith providing particulars of the family showing their ages, occupation and martial status.
Submission of case. Each case, after completion of requirements and with necessary documents, as specified in rule 4, shall be placed before the committee of the respective Federally regulated LEAs.
6. Coastitution of Committee. (1) A committee shall be constituted at the Headauarters in each Federally regulated LEAs consisting of the following officer, namely:
(a) Head of the Federally regulated LEA
(b) An officer of the rank and status of BPS-20 or equivalent of the concermed Federally regulated LEA (e) An officer in BPS-19 or equivalent of the concermed Federally regulated .